Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Island by Elin Hilderbrand


I have read a couple of books with this title and I have to say I LOVED THIS BOOK. I am excited to read other books by this author. This is the perfect book to read in the winter in Ohio or on the beach in Jamaica.
This is the story of Birdie and India who are sisters and Chess and Tate who are Birdie's daughters. After Chess has broken her engagement, the four women are off to spend a month in the family beach house on an island off Nantucket. The house has limited electricity and limited running water (and to me) sounded like paradise. Also in the cast of characters are love interests to each of the 4 women. This was a beautiful story of how love changes over time, what love is, and the relationships between women, specifically mothers and daughters and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment